Thursday, 26 July 2012

Learning Styles

 Felder and Solomon online questionnaire - Link

I was quite interested in finding out my learning style so I filled out the learning styles questionnaire from Felder and Solomon.

The results show that I am fairly well balanced between active and reflective learner however I am leaning slightly closer to active. I am surprised that I am so balanced however I did assumed that I was an active learning.

I have a moderate preference to intuitive learning over sensing. I was not surprised by this at all, this is the way that I see my learning style. I enjoy learning things out of the ordinary and I have an open mind when it comes to learning, I am not so much a facts person.

I am fairly well balanced between a visual learner and a verbal learner although I am leaning towards a visual learner. I agree with this result although I though I would lean closer to the visual side then I am.

I am also balanced between a sequential learning and a global learning. This is the most balanced of my results and I am leaning closer to sequential. This is quite surprising to me as I did not think I was a global learner at all.

I have learnt quite a lot about myself and my learning styles through these results and I believe that the results are accurate. This is an interesting questionnaire to do and I would highly recommend all older students to do it especially high school students, it gives a great in site into how you should be studying and learning within the classroom. I also think teacher should have an idea of their students learning styles in order to create their lessons specifically for their students.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Satika, you seem to have stopped blogging after you had just started. Are you travelling ok? Do you need some help? It will be hard for you to write your synopsis without blog postings to draw on.

    ReplyDelete